Boy have we had a busy week! It started on Friday when Cory's family (his parents, Aunt Linda and Cousin Ali) came to town from Rochester, NY. I was teaching at the hospital all day, so I couldn't meet up with everyone until almost 7:30pm, but when we did meet up, we had a great dinner at Outback! It was an early night for everyone on Friday. Then on Saturday, Cory and his Dad went into project mode! The girls spent most of the day shopping at Clay Terrace and I had already made plans to attend the Indy Baby & Toddler Expo with our neighbor Amanda, so we all met up for dinner at Maggianos - seriously yummy!
Then on Sunday morning at about 6:50am the phone rang and it was the hospital. I was one of the sexual assault nurse examiners on-call that day and they had a case I needed to come in and do. So, I got up, showered and got out the door as quickly as I could. The case took about 4 - 4 1/2hrs to complete and just as I was getting the patient ready to leave, I took a horrible fall in her ER room :( Thankfully, I landed on all fours and did not hit my abdomen, but my right knee took the entire force of the fall, so I could immediately feel it swelling up. Once the patient was on her way, I had to check myself in to be seen :( 4 X-rays and about 3 hrs later, the ER attending was confident that it was just a soft tissue injury - thank goodness. They did let me listen to Owen on the doppler for awhile, which was reassuring - and thankfully I did not have any cramping or spotting from the fall. Today, my knee is a lovely purplish - blueish color and is still swollen....but it's tolerable. Tylenol sucks a relieving the pain, but ice helps. So - if any of you see me over the next week or so, no joking about my funny walk, ha!
Poor Cory & his family freaked out when I had to call them from the ER - and Cory's momma picked out the prettiest pink sweetheart roses for me :) Here they are on our fireplace mantle:
Then on Sunday morning at about 6:50am the phone rang and it was the hospital. I was one of the sexual assault nurse examiners on-call that day and they had a case I needed to come in and do. So, I got up, showered and got out the door as quickly as I could. The case took about 4 - 4 1/2hrs to complete and just as I was getting the patient ready to leave, I took a horrible fall in her ER room :( Thankfully, I landed on all fours and did not hit my abdomen, but my right knee took the entire force of the fall, so I could immediately feel it swelling up. Once the patient was on her way, I had to check myself in to be seen :( 4 X-rays and about 3 hrs later, the ER attending was confident that it was just a soft tissue injury - thank goodness. They did let me listen to Owen on the doppler for awhile, which was reassuring - and thankfully I did not have any cramping or spotting from the fall. Today, my knee is a lovely purplish - blueish color and is still swollen....but it's tolerable. Tylenol sucks a relieving the pain, but ice helps. So - if any of you see me over the next week or so, no joking about my funny walk, ha!
Poor Cory & his family freaked out when I had to call them from the ER - and Cory's momma picked out the prettiest pink sweetheart roses for me :) Here they are on our fireplace mantle:
1 comment:
Oh goodness. I'm glad you and Owen are ok, albeit bruised. I can imagine it was kinda scary. The roses are beautiful. You are having a baby shower! I'm so happy for you
Post a Comment