Tuesday, May 26, 2009

3rd trimester today!

We made it! We're here...the 3rd trimester!
I have my next pre-natal visit & ultrasound on Monday next week. I'll also be completing the 1hr glucola screening test next week - bring it on!

How far along?
- 27 weeks 0 days
- 91 days remain until Owen's due date....although we're fairly certain he'll arrive earlier since I'm on lovenox/heparin.

Total weight gain?
- As of my last pre-natal visit still ZERO weight gain! I have another appointment coming up on Monday next week, so we'll see if there has been any change. Owen is most definitely getting what he needs b/c he is growing perfectly and my belly has seriously "popped".

Maternity Clothes?
- Yep, I've made the transition to some maternity pieces, but I can still wear a fair amount of my pre-preg clothes too. I have some great maternity shirts that have the right amount of room for my belly bump and I bought some new undies the other day and LOVE them!

Stretch marks?
- Yep, they're there, but don't bother me at all - it's just part of it! I get so irritated when women are obsessive & superficial about their bodies during pregnancy...and to top it off striae (stretch marks) have a HUGE genetic component to them, so slather on all the cocoa butter you want, but if you're destin to get them, you will!

Sleep?
- Ugh, kinda sucks now. Two or three potty breaks per night are normal, a body pillow to put between my legs (to help with hip discomfort) is a requirement and Owen is particular about what positions he likes his mommy to sleep in! I've had reassurance from the hubs that I am NOT snoring at night (yay!) but I get hot very easy now. I'm starting to get irritated at the people who give unsolicited pregnancy advice like...."Sleep as much as you can now b/c you won't once the baby is here", okay ummm, it's not like it's a switch I can turn on and off!

Best Moment this week?
- Personally realizing that I look pregnant now and when Cory felt Owen kicking him through his back when we were snuggle up sleeping.

Movement?
- Good heavens YES! This little boy loves to shake it - regardless of the time of day or night! His movements feel HUGE now and are so easily felt through my tummy. He's still breech (based on my professional opinion) due to where all his movement is being felt...but we have another US on Monday next week, so we'll see then.

Food Cravings?
- My appetite is pretty minimal right now. I have to eat every 2-3hrs, but can only stomach very small portions. The only "craving" I have is for Fountain Diet Coke - which has been a pretty constant craving.

Feelings/Emotions?
- A bit more anxiety lately, especially later in the evening and I seem to cry very easily now. Out of no where I'll get very teary. Also, I'm getting more and more irritated at the stupid comments some people make like...."Gosh you're due at the end of August! You know you're going to be miserable being this far along in pregnancy when it's that hot out"...really, I didn't know that? Also the sleeping "advice" is getting very old too.

Labor Signs?
- Nope, but I've had 2 braxton-hicks contractions so far.

Belly Button?
- In, but shallowing out.

What I miss the most?
- Being the care provider to patients rather than being the patient....I HATE being the patient and not being the one in control of the plan of care....although lets face it, I do have some serious pull with my plan of care :)

What I am looking forward to the most?
- Hitting our fabulous neighborhood pool VERY soon! It's open now and I fully intend to spend a good chunk of the 3rd trimester floating around.

Milestones?
- Entering the 3rd trimester today! That is seriously HUGE!

No comments: