Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's Always Something!

Last night around dinner time I started to get an awful headache - so, I hydrated, took some Tylenol and headed to bed early hoping that it would be gone by the morning. Well, I woke up around 5am this morning and my headache was still in full force :( I got up, had some cereal, hydrated, took some more Tylenol and eventually went back to bed for awhile. Woke back up around 10am to the same nagging headache and took another dose of Tylenol and started to worry. Headaches are a classic symptom of worsening PIH or even pre-eclampsia. By noon there was still no improvement, so I had to give up and call the OB office.....which I *hate* doing b/c I *hate* being a needy patient!

My OB wanted me to come in for a BP check in the office since the headache was so bad...so in I went, for the 2nd time this week. We checked my urine at the office and only saw a trace amount of protein (which is good & no change for me) and my BP was 130/90 - so within normal limits, but on the higher side of normal. However, considering that I was in pain and that it was almost time for my evening dose of labetalol, we were all okay with the result.

So, my lovely OB nurse Paula gave me a great pep talk and a script for Vicodin to help with the headaches...hopefully I don't narc out poor baby Owen, but mommy needs some relief from this awful headache!!

No comments: