Sweet baby Owen is 30 weeks along today! Can you believe it? Each week has really felt the same since starting the 3rd trimester, but this week feels different - there's something about now being in the 30's that makes his upcoming arrival feel so much CLOSER than what it did in the 20's.
Cory and I spent a good part of the weekend working in Owen's room (I smile every time I say Owen's room!). We washed all his baby clothes, bibs, blankets, socks and such, started to organize his closet and dresser drawers and we're working on getting everything hung up on the walls. We were both SO surprised at how many clothes Owen has accumulated already - it took 4 loads of laundry to wash everything! I think it was all the garage sale finds that did us in b/c we've not really bought that many clothes in the stores.
We decided to do wall letters to spell out Owen's name and what we're going to do is buy plain wooden letters and paint them in the left over Navy blue paint that we used on his one nursery wall and then hang them over his crib (which is on a khaki colored wall). Then we have a precious picture frame from PBK's that has a window for each month of Owen's first year, so rather than hanging that up with 12 empty windows, I bought a few pages of scrapbook paper in Navy blues & lime greens to fill in the windows until he hits that age and we can put his picture in :)
We have a busy next 2 weekends coming up....our baby showers! The first one is in Warsaw with my family, and that is this weekend, then next weekend will be our Westfield shower with all our Indy friends. We are so blessed to have such great friends & family to help us celebrate Owen's upcoming arrival!
So now for the weekly survey!!!
Cory and I spent a good part of the weekend working in Owen's room (I smile every time I say Owen's room!). We washed all his baby clothes, bibs, blankets, socks and such, started to organize his closet and dresser drawers and we're working on getting everything hung up on the walls. We were both SO surprised at how many clothes Owen has accumulated already - it took 4 loads of laundry to wash everything! I think it was all the garage sale finds that did us in b/c we've not really bought that many clothes in the stores.
We decided to do wall letters to spell out Owen's name and what we're going to do is buy plain wooden letters and paint them in the left over Navy blue paint that we used on his one nursery wall and then hang them over his crib (which is on a khaki colored wall). Then we have a precious picture frame from PBK's that has a window for each month of Owen's first year, so rather than hanging that up with 12 empty windows, I bought a few pages of scrapbook paper in Navy blues & lime greens to fill in the windows until he hits that age and we can put his picture in :)
We have a busy next 2 weekends coming up....our baby showers! The first one is in Warsaw with my family, and that is this weekend, then next weekend will be our Westfield shower with all our Indy friends. We are so blessed to have such great friends & family to help us celebrate Owen's upcoming arrival!
So now for the weekly survey!!!
How far along?
- 7 1/2 months
- 30 weeks 0 days
- 70 days remain until Owen's due date!
Total weight gain?
- My last prenatal visit was yesterday and I was down 1lb from the week before, which makes for a total pregnancy gain of 2lbs...I did ask my OB if he was still okay with lack of real weight gain and he was super supportive b/c my fundal height (the weekly tummy measurements that measure baby's growth) is exactly 30cm which = 30wks, so we know that Owen is growing appropriately despite my low weight gain!
Maternity Clothes?
- Yes, all the time now....except bedtime, I'll still wear old tee-shirts, which look awful b/c they're too short & a bit tight, ha! Poor Cory has to laugh when he sees me walking around in them!
Stretch marks?
- Yep, they're there, but don't bother me at all :) Keep growing Owen!
Sleep?
- I have good nights and bad nights......need lots of pillows, potty breaks 2-3 times per night, almost always need Tums or a pepcid each night, getting harder to roll from side to side & I cannot hop out of bed like I used to. Owen likes to get real active just as I'm laying down, and lately his movements have been a tad uncomfortable, so Cory will talk to him & rub my belly to try and calm him down a bit at night.
Best Moment this week?
- My excellent pre-natal visit on Monday and the praise that my OB gave me for how well Owen and I are doing! Thanks Dr. Gates - you give the BEST pep talks! **I have to keep this the same as last week's b/c my Monday appointment was great!**
Movement?
- Owen's movements are just about ready to peak over the next few weeks and boy does it feel like it! I can feel his little baby parts as they kick & punch me, ha!
Food Cravings?
- My appetite is STILL pretty minimal right now. I'm loving egg mcmuffins, fountain diet coke (still) and gushers fruit snacks....random, I know! **Same as last week**
Labor Signs?
- I don't *think* so, but over the weekend I had a horrible gas bubble that almost made me double over in pain while we were out garage sale shopping....I think that might have caused a few BH cntx.
Belly Button?
- In, but really shallowing out.
What I miss the most?
- I know this sounds strange, but I miss working! This is the first summer where I've not been in grad school and since I teach, I have the summer off......so this is really the first summer where I've truly been off. I'm still taking PRN hours for the St. V's ER as a SANE, but that is so little and it's not like anyone is really going to hire me at 7 1/2 months pregnant! So, not that I'm complaining - it's just different.
What I am looking forward to the most?
- Putting all the finishing touches up in Owen's room and getting everything put away & set up for him after our showers :)
- 7 1/2 months
- 30 weeks 0 days
- 70 days remain until Owen's due date!
Total weight gain?
- My last prenatal visit was yesterday and I was down 1lb from the week before, which makes for a total pregnancy gain of 2lbs...I did ask my OB if he was still okay with lack of real weight gain and he was super supportive b/c my fundal height (the weekly tummy measurements that measure baby's growth) is exactly 30cm which = 30wks, so we know that Owen is growing appropriately despite my low weight gain!
Maternity Clothes?
- Yes, all the time now....except bedtime, I'll still wear old tee-shirts, which look awful b/c they're too short & a bit tight, ha! Poor Cory has to laugh when he sees me walking around in them!
Stretch marks?
- Yep, they're there, but don't bother me at all :) Keep growing Owen!
Sleep?
- I have good nights and bad nights......need lots of pillows, potty breaks 2-3 times per night, almost always need Tums or a pepcid each night, getting harder to roll from side to side & I cannot hop out of bed like I used to. Owen likes to get real active just as I'm laying down, and lately his movements have been a tad uncomfortable, so Cory will talk to him & rub my belly to try and calm him down a bit at night.
Best Moment this week?
- My excellent pre-natal visit on Monday and the praise that my OB gave me for how well Owen and I are doing! Thanks Dr. Gates - you give the BEST pep talks! **I have to keep this the same as last week's b/c my Monday appointment was great!**
Movement?
- Owen's movements are just about ready to peak over the next few weeks and boy does it feel like it! I can feel his little baby parts as they kick & punch me, ha!
Food Cravings?
- My appetite is STILL pretty minimal right now. I'm loving egg mcmuffins, fountain diet coke (still) and gushers fruit snacks....random, I know! **Same as last week**
Labor Signs?
- I don't *think* so, but over the weekend I had a horrible gas bubble that almost made me double over in pain while we were out garage sale shopping....I think that might have caused a few BH cntx.
Belly Button?
- In, but really shallowing out.
What I miss the most?
- I know this sounds strange, but I miss working! This is the first summer where I've not been in grad school and since I teach, I have the summer off......so this is really the first summer where I've truly been off. I'm still taking PRN hours for the St. V's ER as a SANE, but that is so little and it's not like anyone is really going to hire me at 7 1/2 months pregnant! So, not that I'm complaining - it's just different.
What I am looking forward to the most?
- Putting all the finishing touches up in Owen's room and getting everything put away & set up for him after our showers :)
1 comment:
I can't believe you are 30 weeks already! Owen will be here before you know it! Can't wait to see his room finished!
Post a Comment