Two weeks ago, Cory and I traveled up to Warsaw for Owen's baby shower with my side of the family. The shower was wonderful - the last time we had all my family & Warsaw friends in the same room was for our wedding - almost 3 years ago! While we were home, Cory and I were thinking about how the next time we travel up to Warsaw, Owen will be an outside baby :)
Decorations at the front door:
Note the grocery bags...cleverly used as decor since the store & our baby share the same name, "Owen" ha! Actually, there is a cute story behind this - when I was a toddler & learning to say different things, I would call the Owen's grocery store Ownies - not that we're naming Owen after the store (ha!) but that is where his "Ownie" nickname comes from.
Mom & Dad, Scott & Haley and Leslie & Grant all went in together to get Owen his pack & play. However, when we first arrived home on Friday night, Cory and I walked in on my mom & Aunt Susan trying to set it up, ha! So, Cory jumped right in and about 30min later...
Owen was given so many wonderful gifts from our friends & family...handmade blankets, baby clothes, toys, books and lots of organizational things to help in his nursery for mommy :) The party went by so fast, but thankfully we were able to spend the entire weekend visiting with everyone. During the shower, Cory and Dad hit the golf course....and I must say how proud I am of my Cory for *almost* beating my dad! Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough time to take the boat out on the lake for a swim, but we did spend almost an entire evening watching all the kids play on a slip & slide & with water guns in the back yard - hysterical!

No comments:
Post a Comment