Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Owen's Westfield Shower!

This past Saturday, our wonderful next door neighbors Amanda, Daniel and Miss Sadie hosted a baby shower for Owen and I :) It was so much fun! Cory and I feel so very blessed to have such amazing friends & family that support us with such love. So, here are pictures from the shower (courtesy of Amanda - thank you!)

My momma and Grandma Arbaugh - this was my grandmother's first time to visit our home in Westfield, which was a whole other celebration in itself!

Melissa, one of my OB nurses and former co-workers and Dr. Hinkle, one of the best OB-Gyn's in all of Indy!

Elisha - looking pretty as always :) I know it's a bit hard to see in this picture, but Amanda used the "O" from Owen's name as one of the main decor themes along with the lime green & navy blue colors that we used in his nursery :) The "O" that you see hanging on the mantle was decoupaged by Amanda with a gorgeous lime green print.

The one male shower attendee - sweet Ben Hannan! He was such a little gentleman during the shower and all the girls just LOVED having him around :)

Here's my momma Albert - helping out in the kitchen. Cory's parents drove all the way from Rochester, NY to spend the weekend with Cory and I - and momma Albert being the eternal mother, was helping out with everything she could get her hands on :) We love you!

Super cute table decor:

I just adored how Amanda used Owen's colors to decorate :)

The brunch was seriously delicious...eggs, sausage meat balls, cheesy cornbread muffins, monkey bread, fresh green grapes, yogurt with fresh berries and even some doughnut holes :)

More of the lovely decor:

Amanda made "O" shaped cookies for everyone to take home - not only were they cute, they were so tasty!
Here we are enjoying brunch:

More eating :)

Opening gifts - Ann Hannan gave me such a thoughtful "mommy" gift, it was a handmade beaded bracelet with greens & blues and a small turtle charm - which is what Owen's nursery theme is :)

Crista gave Owen a HUGE bag full of babies items from 31 - look at how sweet this bib is :)

In addition to the 31 baby items, she somehow managed to secretly read MY mind and gave Owen 4 canvas storage bins - 2 in Navy and 2 in lime green...I was blown away by this because I was going to get this exact set on my own for his room down the road :)

Ann gave Owen his first set of blocks :)

Note the "crown" I am sporting in this pic, ha! It came all the way from Warsaw with my mom b/c she had it for me to wear at Owen's Warsaw shower, but forgot to give it to me - so, here I am the "New Mommy To Be". I'm holding Owen's his first tummy time play mat from momma Albert:

The time just flew by with everyone - it was one of those moments you wish you could hit rewind or slow on b/c you just don't want it to end :) Owen was given so many wonderful things from our friends - his pottery barn chair, lots of precious outfits, mommy's diaper bag from Vera Bradley (yay!), bath toys, blankies, stuffed animals and most importantly lots of love from everyone :)

Later that day, after everyone had a chance to rest from the shower, we hit the pool with Amanda, Daniel and Sadie, which was a great relief from the 90+ degree heat. Then after swimming Cory and I took his parents down to Speedway to hit our favorite hot dog stand Mug-n-Bun :)

In addition to all the shower activity, Cory and his Dad were able to tackle some "to-do" things around the house. In Owen's room, they hung his valence and curtains and then they installed crown molding around this small little window in his room that is too small for curtains - and it looks great! They also did some major yard work in our back yard - took out a dead tree, removed some overgrown landscaping from the previous owners and removed a ton of icky ornamental grass that was right up against the house. It looks like a totally different back yard now :)

We were sad to see them leave on Monday morning b/c as always our time together went by SO fast. Again, Cory and I were marveling at how the next time we see his parents, Owen will be an outside baby....I'm grinning as I write this b/c we really are getting SO close :)

1 comment:

D said...

Wow. Everything looks fabulous! So sorry I could not come -- or throw you a shower! :( I love that part of Owen's theme is turtles!!!

Love,
Dawn