Wednesday, July 1, 2009

32 weeks and 1 day!

Hi everyone :) Sorry for the seriously lack in posts these last few weeks. I've got some updates to share on how Owen & I are doing...

  • I took the dreaded gestational diabetes screening test at 28wks...and failed :( I was seriously devastated - however, it was only the screening test and by failing it, it meant that I needed to come back and take the 3hr long diagnostic test. So, a week later, I headed back in first thing in the morning after a night of fasting, had my fasting blood sugar drawn, then drank the icky drink, and proceeded to have my blood drawn 3 more times at 1, 2, and 3hrs. I felt pretty horrible after the 1st hour, but by the end of the test I was doing okay. Thankfully, I passed ALL 4 LEVELS of the test and am not a gestational diabetic :) Phew!
  • On Saturday evening this past weekend I started getting a headache again - and during pregnancy a headache can be a sign of high blood pressure issues. So, I took some tylenol, hydrated and rested almost all weekend and got very little relief...however, being a stubborn nurse, I didn't want to call my OB b/c I knew they would just have me go to triage at the hospital for a BP check. On Monday morning my headache was still just as bad and I wasn't feeling "right", so I headed in to the office and sure enough my BP was in the 140-150's/90-100's - even though I've been taking my labetalol as ordered. My OB decided to increase my meds and put me on modified bedrest until Thursday this week when I head in for a re-check and our first Non-Stress Test for Owen. Thankfully though, I wasn't having any other symptoms, no swelling, I was down 1lb from my last visit and Owen was moving all around. We also re-drew Pre-Eclampsia labs to see if any of my blood chemistries had changed from the last draw 3 weeks ago.
  • I've been getting major heartburn these last few weeks - thank goodness for Pepcid complete chewables and Tums.
Now, some not-so-serious & non-medical updates :)
  • We're 32w1d today! Only 55 days remain until Owen's due date!
  • The belly is really sticking out now - I think up to a few weeks ago, I still just looked "fluffy", but everyone is now saying that they can tell.
  • Owen's pack & play is all set up in our bedroom - so now we just need him to get here!
  • We're still working on finishing up his nursery - mainly it's down to doing all the organizing & putting things away. I promise to post lots of pics as soon as I'm done!
  • All Owen's laundry is done now!
  • Owen's movements are totally different now - he frequently makes my tummy ripple, we can feel feet & limbs in there moving around and during some of his movements I can feel him at the top & bottom of my uterus!
  • Since we had house guests this past weekend, Cory and I had major motivation to clean & put things away in the house...so I'm loving that everything is sparkling right now and that all our clean laundry is put away, hehehe :)
  • I waddle like a momma duck all the time now- no laughing!
  • My favorite time of day is when I burp or go #2 - there is seriously nothing more relieving than either one of these right now, ha!
So, I'll update again after my OB visit tomorrow - Cory is coming with me this time so we can ask a few questions together about upcoming things like making the switch to heparin and Owen's next US.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh yuck! I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. I'm anxious to hear more. So keep us updated, and let me know if I can do anything for you.