Thursday, July 2, 2009

NST = Pass!

Hi everyone. Well, good news...Owen passed his first NST today and my BP was back in a normal range :) What a relief to both Cory and I - I will admit, I hardly slept last night b/c I was just so nervous about our appointment and all the "what if's" that could have come up if either Owen or I didn't have good results.

We were on the monitor for about 20min and Owen showed good movement and accels in his FHR pattern for only being 32wks. The labs that we drew on Monday to check for Pre-Eclampsia came back negative (yay!) and my urine had no protein in it today (yay!) - both very good things. So the plan is to continue doing weekly NST's and then at 34wks we'll do his final growth US. Cory came to today's appointment and he brought in his birth article to show Dr. Gates - we all got a good laugh out of seeing Cory as a 14.6lb baby :)

We had a good discussion with Dr. Gates about choosing Owen's pediatrician, making the switch from lovenox to heparin and my allowable activity level. However, nothing is ever drama free with me, I swear! On the way out to scheduled our next visit, I got very lightheaded and dizzy, so I sat down and one of the MA's got me some water and Cory gave me a sucker (as I had not had anything to eat in about 4hrs), after about 10min I thought I was feeling better so we got up to leave, but by the time we reached the elevators, it hit me again. So, Cory went back into the office and they gave me a banana & some more water - I sat for another 10min or so and then was able to make it out to my car. I've never had that happen before and it totally scared me! I'm sure it was due to low blood sugar b/c the only thing I had had to eat all day was 1 bowl of cereal and water, which was 4hrs prior to the appointment - I got a proper scolding from Cory and proceeded to get a happy meal right away (I didn't think I could make it all the way home without eating something else) and by the time I got home, I was feeling better.

We don't have any big plans for our 3-day-weekend and the 4th of July holiday, especially since we weren't sure if I would be on bed rest or not...I'm thinking that we'll try to do some grilling and maybe some swimming at our neighborhood pool. As for fireworks, we're hoping that we can enjoy watching OTHER people's fireworks this year and save some money :)

1 comment:

D said...

Yay for good news!! :)