Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!!!
I'm not gonna lie - this pregnant momma is not upset about the rain & cool temps today b/c it's making it a bit easier to not feel like I'm missing out on all the usual summer fun that Cory and I have on this day! If we were in NY with Cory's family right now, we would be hanging out at his Aunt Linda's house on Lake Ontario with all the family & friends....grilling yummy food, eating Momma Albert's brownies and probably drinking some fabulously fruity cocktail that would give us a great buzz. Then at dusk, we would be looking down the coast line at all the bonfires and fireworks going offs :)
Cory and I were going to grill out a great bbq dinner for the two of us tonight...but due to some major baby activity last night (that totally wiped me out & made me super sore) we forgot to thaw & marinade the chicken....so, I think we're going to make food appropriate for the weather, grilled cheese & tomato soup, ha!
Yesterday, before Owen's marathon movement time, we were able to hit Babies R Us and finish buying the rest of the key essentials for Owen - we had a gift card from a friend and I found some good coupons online! Then we hit JC Penney's to pick up a few new polo shirts for Cory, and they were having a great sale, so we walked out with 5 new shirts for him! However, by this point I was exhausted, even though we weren't done running our errands - and Cory had to take me home :( So, he had to do our grocery shopping by himself, poor guy!
After a long afternoon of resting, I did get some energy back, so we decided to adventure over to Zionsville and try the Pizza King there! I grew up on Pizza King pizza back in Warsaw and Cory enjoys it too, so we were both excited give it a try. We ate it, although I think next time we'll just pick it up & bring it home, but it was good :) On our way home, we took a nice drive through the village of Zionsville and made note of a few places we want to go back to and try once Owen is out & I'm more comfortable :)
So far today we've indulged in a Blu-Ray movie marathon (since Cory just got his playstation 3) and a lot of cuddle time while marveling at all of Owen's movements. Tonight will probably be more of the same, I think we're just going to watch fireworks on TV and maybe sit out on the front porch for awhile if people in the neighborhood are setting off fireworks.
Sorry for everyone else who is having to deal with this weather :) Hope you're all having a great holiday otherwise :)
I'm not gonna lie - this pregnant momma is not upset about the rain & cool temps today b/c it's making it a bit easier to not feel like I'm missing out on all the usual summer fun that Cory and I have on this day! If we were in NY with Cory's family right now, we would be hanging out at his Aunt Linda's house on Lake Ontario with all the family & friends....grilling yummy food, eating Momma Albert's brownies and probably drinking some fabulously fruity cocktail that would give us a great buzz. Then at dusk, we would be looking down the coast line at all the bonfires and fireworks going offs :)
Cory and I were going to grill out a great bbq dinner for the two of us tonight...but due to some major baby activity last night (that totally wiped me out & made me super sore) we forgot to thaw & marinade the chicken....so, I think we're going to make food appropriate for the weather, grilled cheese & tomato soup, ha!
Yesterday, before Owen's marathon movement time, we were able to hit Babies R Us and finish buying the rest of the key essentials for Owen - we had a gift card from a friend and I found some good coupons online! Then we hit JC Penney's to pick up a few new polo shirts for Cory, and they were having a great sale, so we walked out with 5 new shirts for him! However, by this point I was exhausted, even though we weren't done running our errands - and Cory had to take me home :( So, he had to do our grocery shopping by himself, poor guy!
After a long afternoon of resting, I did get some energy back, so we decided to adventure over to Zionsville and try the Pizza King there! I grew up on Pizza King pizza back in Warsaw and Cory enjoys it too, so we were both excited give it a try. We ate it, although I think next time we'll just pick it up & bring it home, but it was good :) On our way home, we took a nice drive through the village of Zionsville and made note of a few places we want to go back to and try once Owen is out & I'm more comfortable :)
So far today we've indulged in a Blu-Ray movie marathon (since Cory just got his playstation 3) and a lot of cuddle time while marveling at all of Owen's movements. Tonight will probably be more of the same, I think we're just going to watch fireworks on TV and maybe sit out on the front porch for awhile if people in the neighborhood are setting off fireworks.
Sorry for everyone else who is having to deal with this weather :) Hope you're all having a great holiday otherwise :)
No comments:
Post a Comment