Hi everyone - sorry for the late update post, we've had some pregnancy drama happen again which has delayed me! Here's the scoop:
It's been a rough few days since being in triage, my hips have been killing me and my pelvis just feels like it's being torn in half - these things have made it very hard to sleep for very long b/c I just cannot get comfortable. But, the good news is I am not on any sort of bed rest and I'm able to be up and about as much as my body & Owen will let me.
Cory has been doing such an amazing job with providing never ending support, encouragement and cheer-leading for Owen and I. It's amazing how quickly you can "get down" when you're in pain and can't do your normal activities. This morning, he even made Owen and I yummy cinnamon rolls and crispy bacon (my favorite) for breakfast :) Owen has no idea yet what a wonderful daddy he has been blessed with!
So, that's the latest with us - just taking it one day, or sometimes one hour at a time and trying very hard to stay focused on the end result. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
- First, Owen and I are both FINE :)
- However, on Wednesday evening I had a horrible headache that was not getting better with anything I tried...resting, meds, food or hydration.
- Ended up having to go to triage at 9p on Wednesday to be worked up for possible Pre-Eclampsia since severe headaches are a huge symptom for this.
- My BP's were ok in triage, had some trace protein in my urine (which I've had before), had an IV placed, was given some pain meds & IV fluids and had a CBC, CMP, LDH and Uric Acid labs run.
- Labs all came back normal - which means NO pre-eclampsia, just still PIH
- The pain meds almost took the headache away and made me much more comfortable.
- Owen was monitored the entire time we were there (approx 2hrs) and his FHR pattern was very reassuring - even after the pain meds :)
It's been a rough few days since being in triage, my hips have been killing me and my pelvis just feels like it's being torn in half - these things have made it very hard to sleep for very long b/c I just cannot get comfortable. But, the good news is I am not on any sort of bed rest and I'm able to be up and about as much as my body & Owen will let me.
Cory has been doing such an amazing job with providing never ending support, encouragement and cheer-leading for Owen and I. It's amazing how quickly you can "get down" when you're in pain and can't do your normal activities. This morning, he even made Owen and I yummy cinnamon rolls and crispy bacon (my favorite) for breakfast :) Owen has no idea yet what a wonderful daddy he has been blessed with!
So, that's the latest with us - just taking it one day, or sometimes one hour at a time and trying very hard to stay focused on the end result. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
1 comment:
Hey Julie! Sorry I haven't commented in quite a while! I have been so busy with the things going on with Bobby and I. So anyways, I am so happy to hear you guys are ok...you are so close!!! Good news on my end too...I am OFFICIALLY an EMT. I am also moving home, so I will be able to meet Owen sooner than I thought! I am so excited to be coming home to be near family! I can't wait to see you all! I'm going to do better on checking your blogs, I love the updates. Love you all, Kara
Post a Comment