Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our 34wk appointment

Yesterday, Cory and I had our 34 week OB appointment - and it was certainly eventful! Here's the scoop:

- Owen's US was great! He's head down, measuring at approx 5#10oz and his overall growth is at 35w4d - so a little ahead, but Dr. Hinkle showed us his cumulative growth curve and he's right on track!

- My BP has been doing good, so we decided to try reducing my morning dose of labetalol from 200mg to only 100mg, which I'm so thankful for b/c it makes me feel terribly lightheaded & just icky. I'll still stay on the 200mg dose at night time, which is fine b/c I usually sleep through that one & don't feel the same symptoms.

- As of today's appointment, my total overall pregnancy weight gain has only been 5lbs - which ironically is just about what Owen weights, ha! Since I'm overweight to begin with, Dr. Hinkle was not worried about the little gain, in fact, she gave me a ton of praise - and reassured me that Owen's growth is thriving, so he's getting what he needs. She did however, recommend that I think about doing a Boost drink or Carnation Instant Breakfast drink once a day just to help my body stay well nourished since my appetite has been pretty minimal.

- Dr. Hinkle said that she "just has a feeling" that we probably won't go past 38wks b/c of potential changes in my BP or b/c of Owen's growth- so we talked about some labor/induction plans and the different events that would lead us to induce or schedule a c/s down the road.

- I've been having a lot of frequent awful episodes of lightheadedness, so Dr. Hinkle stressed that she really doesn't want me out & about anymore - not that I'm on bedrest, but just to take it very easy - so I can do things around the house and go for car rides with Cory, but that's about it. It was honestly a relief to hear that it was "OK" to be taking it easy b/c I feel so guilty that I've not been able to do my "normal" routines & activities...and yes, I know I'm 34wks pregnant and that everyone's pregnancy is different, but it's just been frustrating to have to rest so much & rely on others.

So, our next appointment will be on Tuesday next week (which is exactly 35wks) and we'll do a NST of Owen to check his fetal heart rate patterns - which have been perfect so far. Hopefully, nothing will come up between now and then! Thank you everyone for all the continued thoughts, prayers and encouragement - Cory and I are so grateful :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you and Owen are doing so good!