I'm happy to say that I am officially vaccinated against H1N1 thanks to the flumist nasal spray & St. V's associate health office. It was my first nasal vaccine and it wasn't bad at all. It felt more like a strong puff of air in each nostril rather than fluid being squirted up there. I am however feeling the aftermath of getting 3 vaccines in a 48hr time period....low grade temp, body aches and a bad headache. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands who can pick up the slack while their wifey rests :)
So, I know that vaccinations are a controversial topic right now, especially the H1N1 vaccine, but since this is my blog, I'm going to put my opinion out there.
GET VACCINATED
VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN
FOLLOW CDC GUIDELINES
Of course there are certain circumstances that prevent children or parents from being able to vaccinate, but for the general population ESP those with young children or those who work with young children please talk with your Pediatrician to answer your concerns & understand the truth about vaccines.
Here are a few links that can better articulate why we ought to be vaccinated & the controversy over thimerosal:
One
Two
Three
::stepping off my soap box now::
So, I know that vaccinations are a controversial topic right now, especially the H1N1 vaccine, but since this is my blog, I'm going to put my opinion out there.
GET VACCINATED
VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN
FOLLOW CDC GUIDELINES
Of course there are certain circumstances that prevent children or parents from being able to vaccinate, but for the general population ESP those with young children or those who work with young children please talk with your Pediatrician to answer your concerns & understand the truth about vaccines.
Here are a few links that can better articulate why we ought to be vaccinated & the controversy over thimerosal:
One
Two
Three
::stepping off my soap box now::
No comments:
Post a Comment