Today, Owen and I had to venture out to St. V's Office of Associate Health because mommy was due for some shots. I decided to be brave for my little Owen and get my:
Owen was great, he drifted in and out of sleep the entire time. We received many sweet comments on Owen and how precious he is - and Cory & I need no reminder about how blessed we are to have him - but it was fun to brag about him to those willing to listen, ha!
After finishing up in the Associate Health Office, I had to try and stop by my manager's office in the ER, but unfortunately she wasn't there. Then as I'm walking back to the car with Owen the mommy guilt hits me like a ton of bricks....I just took my 11 wk old through the St. V's ER in the middle of flu season! Now, he was strapped in his car seat & stroller with the covers pulled up over, so he wasn't exposed and I did use hand sanitizer as I walked through almost each doorway, but still the whole drive home I was planning out how I was going to LYSOL his car seat, stroller and diaper bag as soon as we got home AND that he was getting a bath & change of clothes right away as well. Perhaps I went a little over board, but I cannot explain the neurotic mommy protective gene that has kicked in lately.
So, we're home now - safe & sound, all cleaned, bathed, sanitized and resting...pray that we don't get sick from our hospital visit. However, I'm prepping myself for the "flu like symptoms" that typically follow the vaccines I received today - no biggie, just as long as Owen doesn't get sick :)
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- TDaP (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis) Booster
- TB test
Owen was great, he drifted in and out of sleep the entire time. We received many sweet comments on Owen and how precious he is - and Cory & I need no reminder about how blessed we are to have him - but it was fun to brag about him to those willing to listen, ha!
After finishing up in the Associate Health Office, I had to try and stop by my manager's office in the ER, but unfortunately she wasn't there. Then as I'm walking back to the car with Owen the mommy guilt hits me like a ton of bricks....I just took my 11 wk old through the St. V's ER in the middle of flu season! Now, he was strapped in his car seat & stroller with the covers pulled up over, so he wasn't exposed and I did use hand sanitizer as I walked through almost each doorway, but still the whole drive home I was planning out how I was going to LYSOL his car seat, stroller and diaper bag as soon as we got home AND that he was getting a bath & change of clothes right away as well. Perhaps I went a little over board, but I cannot explain the neurotic mommy protective gene that has kicked in lately.
So, we're home now - safe & sound, all cleaned, bathed, sanitized and resting...pray that we don't get sick from our hospital visit. However, I'm prepping myself for the "flu like symptoms" that typically follow the vaccines I received today - no biggie, just as long as Owen doesn't get sick :)
No comments:
Post a Comment