The three of us ventured off to New York for Thanksgiving with the Albert family at 2am on Wednesday last week. Our hope was that Owen would sleep soundly for a good chunk of the drive - but he decided to be an early riser that morning. The usual drive time for Cory and I is between 9-10hrs, however, throw in a 4mo old and it turns into a 13 1/2hr test of wills! By the time we made it to NY, Cory and I were just beyond exhausted and Owen was SO OVER his car seat.
Thankfully, Grandma Albert was there ready to play with her grand baby. Apparently no permanent damage from the drive was done since Owen was just smiling away :)
Thankfully, Grandma Albert was there ready to play with her grand baby. Apparently no permanent damage from the drive was done since Owen was just smiling away :)

We decided to split the drive home into 2 days since the 13 1/2hr drive nearly did us all in. We stopped in Ohio and Owen did great for his first hotel overnight. Unfortunately, I got sick while in NY (and found out that NY state does not have minute clinics - weird!) and am still trying to recover - AND prevent Owen from catching what I have. Everyone was amazed by how much Owen has grown and Cory & I were both so proud of how well he did "outside" of his routine.
So now that we're all home safe & sound our next adventure is finishing the Christmas decorating!!! We're getting the tree hopefully tomorrow and weather pending will be putting up our outside lights soon, so stay tuned for pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment