I feel horrible that it's been over two weeks since I last posted an entry! We've had a lot of things going on that have made it hard to get the time to sit and type.
First, the Owen updates! He's doing wonderful - learning all the time, growing every night and becoming more charming each and every day. He's loving his bumbo seat and sits in it like such a big boy! He likes to have the tray on so that he can play his baby piano :) He's getting so much better with rolling - however, he's started rolling in the middle of the night which wakes him up. We've been giving him rice cereal once a day for about two weeks now and just loves it. So, since he was doing so well with the cereal, we started him on purees and found out that sweet potato is his favorite so far....he hated carrots! Still teething - those pesky bottom two teeth just make him want to chomp, chomp, chomp ALL THE TIME, he even falls asleep chomping on his hand poor guy.
Note his little spaceman onesie :)
I've gone back to work, finally (and that finally is said with great disdain). It's not that I don't want to work and contribute to life outside the house...I've just not mastered leaving Owen yet. I imagine it will get easier each week, but for now I still have some tears when I have to leave him with someone else. I'm teaching 2 OB clinical sections for Purdue - just like before having Owen - and they're both on Fridays, one in the AM and one in the PM. This past week was "orientation" week at the hospital and for the most part my students seemed very enthusiastic...hopefully that continues into week 15, ha! In addition to teaching, I've decided to take on 2 other professional opportunities. First, I'm working twice a month at the Trinity Free Clinic in Carmel as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, and I love it so far! Then, I've started writing a monthly article in a local Westfield publication on different women's health topics. So far, I've authored columns on the new pap smear & mammography guidelines.
Cory is doing great. He's enjoying Owen so much at this age and getting excited for the age when he'll be able to teach him more things :) They're just like best buddies! Cory spent most of this weekend hanging items up around the house. So, family pictures, degrees, certificates, candles and crosses now adorn our walls!
We've been lucky to share a couple wonderful evenings & afternoons with friends over these last few weeks. Owen just loves being around other kiddos so it was a blast to see him react during our get togethers.
One more pic from play time this morning :)
2 comments:
Yay, I was hoping for some new Owen pictures! Leaving for work will get easier!
I want to read your columns, Julie!!
Post a Comment