Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yep, there's a baby in there!

There were a few tense moments at today's OB visit. My OB was having a hard time finding baby sprout's FHR on the doppler. It probably didn't help that Owen was screaming and I was trying to hold him while she was looking for babe's heartbeat. So, after a few moments of looking, we decided to just to an US. Thankfully, the moment the US was in place, baby sprout was wiggling all around and I could see the fluttering of his/her heart. Phew. Sprout looks like a baby now, not an alien :) Two legs, two arms and all the normal parts were there...however, the NP in me was quick to spot the stomach that was filled with amniotic fluid on US (which is reassuring), hehehe :)

Other than those few moments in the exam room, Owen was a doll :) He was flirting & cuddling with all the MA's and nurses. He even reached for Dr. Hinkle when she first came into the room...very touching since she was the OB who delivered him!

I am happy to report that everything else looked fine. BP = good, Weight = zero gain (which is typically for me, ha!), Urine = good. So, no more visits for another 4 weeks...I love saying that b/c it means I'm finally following the "normal" progression of pre-natal visits, unlike with Owen :) We probably won't find out the sex at our next appointment, but the one following that we will be able to for sure!

No comments: