Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend Update-Albert style

The three day weekend could not have come at a better time for Cory and I. Things at the Albert townhouse have been running on over-drive for the past few weeks, and an extra day off is just what we need! We've had a lot of obligations and I've had a lot of studying...on top of all the typical household chores. Yesterday, I attended a baby shower for my dear friend Tammy who is pregnant with her first child. She is due in late July and expecting a baby girl who has been named "Molly". She is doing really well and I had a great time meeting her family! Cory and I went shopping for her shower gift together at Babies-r-us and let me tell you, it was like a whole other world in that store! We had a lot of fun "looking" at everything for our future family additions as well as shopping for baby Molly :) Then later on Saturday, we attended a graduation party for our friend Crista's boyfriend, Scott. It was such a nice afternoon at their house! They live in Meridian-Kessler so it was only a short drive away from where we live. I enjoyed meeting Scott's family and catching up with Crista's parents (they were practically surrogate parents to me during high school!) and playing with 3 month old "Grant" who was the youngest family member in attendance! When I was holding & playing with him, a lot of the guys were giving Cory that "Oh no, your wife is holding a baby and now she wants one" look and my Cory was so perfect when he turned around and said "That's fine by me because I want one too"! We ended our day by doing a little shopping together and then going for a drive. We hit best buy for some CD's & games, Ulta for some girly health & beauty products, and did a little bit of clothes shopping for Cory. Before going home, we took a nice long evening drive on Sergeant Rd., starting off in Fishers, through Geist and ending up in Lawrence. We had the moon roof and the windows open because the air was so fresh and cool. You do NOT feel like you're driving in or anywhere near Indy on that road because there is a lush canopy of trees that shadow the road, scant housing developments and thick vegetation all along the sides of the road. I discovered this hidden gem of a drive from my trip to Tammy's baby shower earlier in the day and I just had to show it to Cory! We both thought it would be a lovely area to build a home in.

In other news, Cory's parents will be coming to visit us in Indy from Friday 6/1-Monday 6/4 and my Brother & his family will be visiting in Warsaw from Friday 6/1-Saturday 6/9. It will be nice to have some family time with everyone.

Lastly, I have some good news to report :) I was chosen as one of two recipients for the Indiana League of Nursing's '07-'08 graduate scholarship! This is a nursing education organization and I feel very honored to have been chosen. I really respect this organization and I hope that one day (when I'm an official educator in academia) I can volunteer more of my time to further their reach and goals. I applied for a total of 19 scholarships this year, and this is the first one that has released the names of recipients, so Cory and I are still anxiously awaiting news on the other 18.

We hope you all enjoy the Memorial Day weekend and thank-you to all our men & women who have served so bravely to defend our country!

No comments: