Thursday, August 9, 2007

Longing for the Fall

This awful oppressive summer heat wave has me longing for the cool days of fall in Indiana. There's so much about fall that I find rejuvenating. For me, fall has always represented the start of a new school year, which is in a way a new beginning. There's nothing like shopping for new school supplies and organizing all my class binders to get me excited! It also means more time outside...evening walks, tailgating parties, football games and trips to the pumpkin patch. This year, Cory and I have another reason to celebrate the fall because it will be our One Year Wedding Anniversary :) I know everyone says this, but it's hard to believe that it's almost been one year already!

Fall is by far my most favorite season to decorate for. I love having the warm inviting smells of caramel and cinnamon spice in our home, pumpkins on the doorstep and colorful leaves everywhere. There's nothing like lazily curling up on the couch together to watch a Purdue or Colts football game or a scary movie. It's also the only time of the year that we really open our windows to the townhome...mainly because we have such a breeze in the fall that doesn't allow the smoke from our neighbors or the pungent smells of the Indian restaurant on Allisonville Rd. to enter.

On a different note, those who have had to rent before can commiserate with Cory and I for some of the increasing issues we've had with our tomehome. From common wall neighbors to floods, from broken A/C to potato bugs everywhere, we are very close to breaking our lease. Cory and I have worked very hard over the last 18mo. to financially get to a good point to buy our first home. Of course, we would already be in one if it wasn't for me and being in school (I always feel a slight pain of guilt for that). But it seems that our hard work & savings will soon be paying off as we are finally in a place where we can seriously look for homes. We're working with a good Realtor who knows what we want and whom we trust to help us. Most of our free evenings last week and the weekend were spent driving around looking at neighborhoods in the Westfield/Carmel/Zionsville areas. We'll keep everyone posted with our progress, and thank you to everyone that have given us tips and advice so far.

So bring on the fall and home shows!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I hope things go well with the house hunt. Let me know when you guys find a house you like and send some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Two of my friends just had their X-box's go out and they had to send them into the company for repairs as well. I wonder, is there a defect in the system? Hopefully yours will work well for you now!

Anonymous said...

whoops. wrong post. hehe