I was back on campus this week, and this time it was for an overnight visit. On Monday, there was a end of semester OB faculty meeting, where we discussed how the semester had gone, any changes or updated we needed to consider and talked about what the upcoming semester looks like. I will be teaching 2 clinical groups again, both on Fridays, one in the AM and one in the PM. Currently, it looks like I'll have a few fewer students in the spring semester, which is NOT a bad thing! Then Monday evening, I helped with the final OB exam study session, we had about 80 students attend, and the exam review was given in the form of a game we named "Are You Smarter Than an OB Nurse". The students seemed to enjoy it and we were able to review a good chunk of the material from the semester. I decided to stay overnight on Monday since I needed to have office hours on Tuesday, so for the first time, I stayed at the Memorial Union Club Hotel...it was wonderful! After I checked in, I walked down the short hallway to the main Union foyer, where the university Christmas tree is set up and was able to arrange some chairs (near an outlet so I could keep my laptop plugged in) to have a festive view while grading!
Not that I need another "I've come full circle" story, BUT, when I was an undergrad, this was my favorite place to study on campus...in fact, I swear these are the same blue chairs that were there when I was a student. It was a nice way to end the day.
Then Tuesday, I had office hours from 10a-3:30p and had quite a few of my students show up. I answered SO many questions today and really enjoyed seeing the "Ah-ha" looks on my students faces as they finally understood one of the many complicated topics from lecture material that we require from them. Their exam is not until Friday, so I'm anticipating a few more last minute phone calls or emails. The drive back to Indy was uneventful except for the constant rain. As much as I loved lounging in from the Union's Christmas tree, nothing beats being back at home with Cory and in front of OUR Christmas tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment