Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The best game of my life...

Growing up, I used to bowl in a league every Saturday morning until I went to college. Throughout the years, there have been a couple of times I've joined leagues and had lots of fun. Whenever I go home, I usually go bowling once or twice with my dad. He bowls in about 3 leagues a week :) Recently, I've bowled in a league with some of the guys who consulted at my last job for the past couple of years. In all that time, the best I bowled was 263 - which is very, very good. I didn't think I'd get anywhere near that again.

Tonight, I started off with a 184, then a 223. Both were really good scores. Then I bowled my third and final game. I started off with 3 strikes and I thought, "that's a pretty good start". I then got to 6 strikes in a row. I thought, "that's half way there, but I'm sure something will happen." Then came 7 in a row. Then 8. Then 9. So there I was in the 10th frame, 3 strikes away from a perfect 300. I took my first shot. Strike. Then my second shot. Strike. 11 in a row! By this time, people had started taking notice. One strike away from perfection. I took the shot. It went down the alley, hit the pocket perfectly... And somehow left 4 pins. A 4-6-7-10 split. I couldn't believe it. 296. The best game of my life.

I called my dad and he was really proud. Then, he reminded me how his best game is a 299 and that he's still got me beat. I love my dad :) My wife is pretty proud as well and joked that I can put the scoresheet on the refrigerator. :) Maybe this is a sign of more good things to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I haven't been bowling in years, you can give me lessons!

Anonymous said...

Cory, that's awesome. Also hilarious that your dad still talked some trash. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Alright! What an awesome game. We will all have to go bowling when we're in town so you can show off your skillssss.