Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Counting my Blessings

I've decided to keep a list of all the "things" I've been grateful for each month. The feeling that wells up inside of me as I put these "things" into writing makes me feel so very fortunate to be who I am. Despite all the little things that can sneak up and cause snags in life, I know my blessings greatly out number them.
So, in May, I was thankful for:
  • Being acknowledged as a honorary mother on Mother's day even though our babies aren't with us.
  • Starting to look for WHNP jobs.
  • Watching the first thunderstorms of the year from our front porch.
  • Meeting our sweet next door neighbors and their new baby girl for the first time.
  • Having more than one of my former students tell me that I've inspired her.
  • Gaining the confidence of my WHNP preceptor to finally do a procedure on my own.
  • Hearing my niece, Gwen ask where I was after we left Warsaw.
  • Seeing my brother over Memorial day weekend.
  • The drug vicodin which helped me get through my foot injury.
  • Spending time with my Aunt Hope who is battling breast cancer - and kicking it's butt!
  • Becoming friends with Kyla, who is an amazing gal.
  • Being able to help the Hannan's by having a "storm sleepover" when their power was out.
  • Reading "Luscious Lemon".
  • My husband's excitement to have babies and become a daddy.
  • Back scratches before bedtime.
  • Seeing the movie "Becoming Jane".
  • Long talks on the phone with my sissy.
  • The sparkle from my engagement ring and wedding bands.
  • The feel after a pedicure.
  • Amazing pantry space and our garage fridge.
  • Super comfy couches to relax on.
  • Neutrogena wave power cleanser - love it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a wonderful thing to do each month in your blog! (I might have to steal that)

Anonymous said...

Okay Peach, you've inspired me. I'm going to take stock of my blessings today.

Also, I tagged you. Check my blog under today's entry for directions!

Unknown said...

Julie-
Great idea. I'll tell you what I'm especially thankful for... having such an amazing friend in you. How refreshing.

XOXO,
Cass