Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun 4th of July

I've fallen a little behind on my blogging duties lately, so I'm finally getting around to posting about our 4th of July. With Julie's parents out of town that weekend, they graciously offered up their lake house in Warsaw for us to use if we wanted. We took the opportunity to ask our good friends, the Hannans, to come up with us. It was a great time!

Jules and I went up the day before the 4th to get things ready, and the Hannans followed along the next day. On Friday their sons Noah and Ben had their first boat ride! It was a bit too cool to go swimming that day, but Noah got a chance to drive the boat for a bit. Later, we went to Pizza King (a Warsaw tradition) for dinner and then on to the Long's house on Winona Lake for fireworks.


On Saturday, it warmed up enough for us to go out onto the lake for a swim. Ann, Gabe, Julie and I had no issues, but Noah was a little apprehensive. Once he got it, he did alright. He enjoyed playing catch with us with some of the water toys that were on the boat. Little Ben did get to be in the water for a very short while - just enough to get his feet wet, so to speak :) After swimming we went back to the house and Julie's cousin Nate came over. We all had a blast playing Mario Kart on the Wii. The four of us boys got to play as a team. I'll tell you one of the most fun things I've done in video games in a while was cheering on Noah while we played.

On Sunday, Gabe and I both had pretty bad sunburns, thank you to our wives for helping us nurse them. We probably should have reapplied the sunscreen sooner :) Still, we had fun playing Mario Kart and Yahtzee before we left. All in all, it was a fun and relaxing weekend and we were so happy that we could share it with the Hannans. Ben is probably a little bit too young to remember this, but hopefully Noah will remember the fun he had on the lake.

We were having so much fun we forgot to take a ton of pics (sorry). Here's a pic of Gabe watching the fireworks:

Noah at Pizza King:


Julie holdling Ben on the boat:


-Cory

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to add that Ben was such a joy to be around that weekend. He was just so full of smiles, coo's and cuddling...it was great!

D said...

I'm so jealous you all had Mario Kart Wii!!! I've been dying to play! :)

Anonymous said...

Dawn~
We can play you "online" if/when you get it...or you can just come on up to Westfield (I have a room all ready for you!) and we'll challenge you to a race, hehehe :)