I had the morning off today and as I came downstairs into the kitchen, the roses Cory gave me last week looked so beautiful, I had to take a picture and share! They've opened up so much and look gorgeous...thanks my sweetie. Well, I'm all finished with my GYN hours now and back at the Women's Health Clinic with St. V's Women's Hospital. It feels so good to be back working with the clinic population and OB patients. My WHNP preceptor, Casey, is wonderful to work with...very patient, kind hearted, willing to share her knowledge and knows how to make her work fun! It's a great environment to be a part of. I've got about 120 hours left to finish and it looks like I'll be able to get these done by the 1st or 2nd week of August.....THEN......I'll *finally* be done with my Master's degree!!! There will definitely some sort of celebration activity, be it a dinner out somewhere or a cook out in our back yard. Almost there....my daily mantra!
To mark the start of my next professional era and to feed my ever present need to organize & plan, I bought a new Franklin Covey planner & planner pages. I first discovered Franklin Covey in 2002 after I graduated from Purdue and have yet to find a better way (for me) to stay organized. The sales guy at the Castleton Square Mall was so helpful and even gave me a 20% discount when I showed him my Purdue ID! My first planner was a zip close binder and my new one only has a magnetized latch, so it will be a little different to get used to. I stuck with the classic size and went with the "simplicity" design of planner pages. I love the business card organizer they have, such a great way to keep track of all my contacts, licenses and membership cards. Here are some pics of my new baby-
I also made one more new purchase over these last few days, a new pair of Dansko's professional clogs. For those of you who have not had the joy of working a job that requires you to be on your
feet & walking during the majority of the day, let me tell you that these shoes make your feet, legs and lower back feel like a million bucks! They are by far a necessity for most health care workers and being back at the clinic with all the residents it's like a Dansko shoe fashion show most days! I chose their Cordovan leather, it's like a dark maroon/brown blend, and I love it! So, here's a pic of my new "kicks". They usually take a week or so to really break in, but once you've worn them for a few weeks, they fit your foot so well that you won't want to wear anything else. Only 2 more days to go until the weekend...hope everyone has a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment