Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Miscellany

This has been a pretty nice week for Cory and I. It started with a visit from his parents, who drove down from Rochester, NY. They spent the majority of the week with us and Cory was able to take Wednesday off of work to spend with them. The time together just flew by and they're hoping to come back down to Westfield sometime in October...but not on our anniversary like last year, as we will most definitely be out of town, ha! We'll be going to NY for Thanksgiving this year, so if their October trip doesn't work out, we know it won't be much longer until we get to visit them.

I completed another week at the Women's Health Clinic and things are going great. I'm seeing a good mix of OB & GYN patients and my preceptor, Casey (as I've said before) is just such a wonderful teacher and great gal to work with. I'm down to 87.5 hours left to finish, so hopefully by the end of the 2nd week in August, this 4 year adventure called Grad School will be over! Not that I'm counting or anything....

This weekend has been a productive one for us...so far here's what we've done:
  • New haircut for me :)
  • Grocery shopping (Sams & Target)- DONE
  • Lowes for lawn care "stuff" and yard work- DONE
  • Laundry (3 baskets full!) - DONE
  • New bins for linen closet & organizing - DONE
  • New spice rack & organizing that kitchen shelf - DONE
  • Deciding on a "system" for doing laundry (3 baskets, one for colors, one for whites and one for towels, each getting washed on their respective day) - IMPLEMENTED
  • Cory conquering "Mass Effect" for the 360 - FINALLY DONE (thank God!)
We're thinking that the rest of today will be spent out at the pool, where we just learned that "adult" beverages are allowed, so I'm thinking we may break out the blender and head down there with a yummy, frosty, tropical concoction!

No comments: