Thursday, November 6, 2008

What I Adore

As you've probably figured out from the title, this post is all about things I love! This is what happens when you're home sick and spending too much time on the laptop!

Shabby Chic Designs~
I seriously adore this bedroom, it looks like it came right out a charming English countryside cottage. Makes me want to jump under the covers with a cup of tea & good book.
Vampire Literature~
Whether it is fiction, historical accounts or even romance, I adore all works of vampire literature. Coincidentally, so does my sister! Some of my favorites are: The Dark Series, The Twilight Saga, and The Historian.

Period Piece Movies~
I adore this genre of film so much. Gone With the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth, and Becoming Jane are just a few of my favorites.

Super Whimsy Design Ideas~
Secretly, I want to start my own organizational & design company -and I would adore wedding planning and specialize in designing for high end wedding showers
!

Pashmina Scarves~
There's something so comforting about having a soft & warming pashmina wrapped around you. I just adore how functional these are, and I love the 2 that I have.

Anything Monogramable~
I just adore monogramable lovelies, like this precious tree ornament from Pottery Barn. There's just something that is so classic and traditional about seeing a monogra
m and I love it!

Classic Standards Music~
There is nothing that I would rather listen to then the smoothness and swooning of classic jazz standards. I just adore artists like Michael Buble and Jane Monheit.

Handwritten Notes & Cards~
There's just something so special about receiving a thoughtful handwritten letter from someone. Even if it's short, taking the time to hand write a letter is so much more meaningful than today's emailing & texting world. I especially adore gushy love notes - hint hint Dh!

Fresh Flowers~
What domestic goddess doesn't adore the charming ambiance of a simple floral arrangement on the kitchen table or nightstand? The extra special part of this picture is the green glass Ball jar being used as the vase - so adorable!

Embellished Signs~
Laundry is NOT what I adore - in fact, it's what I despise doing the most! However, I do adore how the addition of a simple sign around the house can really make a difference in the appearance of the room.

Fall Months~
I've never been able to pin point what it is exactly about the months of fall that I adore. Of course, I love the colors, crunching leaves, cooler weather, football and such, but there's more to it that that. I felt like this picture is able to SHOW what it is even though I can't find all the right words to explain it.

Purses, Handbags, Totes and Clutches~
These are my MOST favorite things! I would seriously buy a bag a day if I could and build a closet just for my purses. Whenever I have a blue day, shopping for a new purse always cheers me up. I especially adore Coach purses, although I only own one (and 2 wristlets).

Dark - Cloudy - Gray Days~

These are the days that I adore most! The clouds in this picture are just like the ones I picture in my mind when I think about my *perfect* day!

Being Connected~
I adore the feeling of have 100% connectivity regardless of where I am or who I'm with. Because of this, I'm seriously considering purchasing either a blackberry or iPhone and then getting a great data plan. My Dh doesn't feel the say way (he's not a connectivity loving person, ha!) so it's frustrating to try and make him understand that we're different in that way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Julie-
I adore this post (and everything in it... its like we were separated at birth!) and I especially adore YOU. You always bring a smile to my days and warm my heart. Hope to catch up soon.

Hugs,
Cass