Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Tree

So....here's our tree! We could not be more happy with how she turned out - it took a good 2 hours this afternoon to get all the lights & ornaments organized. Just to give you an idea of the size, Cory (my 6'5" husband) had to get on our step ladder in order to place the star on the top of the tree!

I did my best to get a dark shot to show the colors a bit better - sorry it turned out a little blurry. The glowing "box" on the lower left side of the shot is a gift from my Aunt Hope and Uncle Phil - it's a glass tile with a strand of white lights inside & a bow on the outside to look like a wrapped gift :)

I decided to change up the mantle decor - once we finished the tree, I felt like the old display was just to busy looking - so I'm much happier with this set up.

Some colorful ornaments gracing our dining room table:

Growing up, my parents started a wonderful tradition of giving all of us kids a Hallmark Christmas ornament each year. When Cory and I were married, it was a right of passage to be given my ornaments from Mom & Dad for our tree. Most of mine are either Gone With the Wind ornaments or Space Program ornaments...yes, I know, totally opposite ends of the spectrum! Cory's parents gave us a small collection of vintage ornaments that have been in the family for a generation, and Cory & I have started some of our own collections over our 4 years together. We were able to fit everything on the tree this year :) It's so wonderful to be able to gaze at our tree, full of so many wonderful memories of family, friends and each other :)

1 comment:

andrea said...

Beautiful tree!!! My DH & I got his Hallmark ornaments as well when we got married!!

One tip for taking dark pictures is to set the camera on table or stand and use the remote timer function.

It's terrible how slippery our neighborhood is after a snow. Please take care! There were tire tracks in the grass everywhere this morning!! My DH & I were just commenting they need to salt more!