Apparently from 22wks - 26wks, Owen will be approximately the size of a PAPYA - I can tell that he's getting
bigger from the huge increase in movement I can feel and the increased lower pelvic pressure I feel by the end of the day. Cory has yet to feel Owen moving from the outside, but I've felt him twice now....so, it's only a matter of time honey :) The doppler has not been getting much use at our house since he's been moving so much - it's wonderful peace of mind to feel him swirling around in there!Yesterday, I had a regular pre-natal visit with my OB and everything was "perfect". My BP was in the 120's/70's, I did gain weight over these last 3 weeks, but only enough to put me back at my pre-pregnancy weight (so ZERO gain overall!), no protein or sugar in my urine and Owen's FHR was in the 160's. We will get to do some ultrasongraphy of Owen starting at 28wks to check on my placental perfusion (from my Lovenox & having the lupus anticoagulant) and his growth (since babies of lupus anti-coag moms can have problems with being small).....however, for those of you who know my husband & that he weighed 15lbs at birth, I'm hoping that MY genes kick in and ensure that Owen is a nice 6#-8# baby :) Then at the end of the appointment, my OB said the dreaded words that ANY OB nurse hates to hear...."Julie, it's looks like you've turned into a NORMAL OB patient" - great, now I'm jinxed, ha!
I'll go back in 3 weeks (which has been our "norm") for another visit before we leave for New York and then 3 weeks after that visit I'll have my 1hr gestational diabetes test.....bring it on b/c I've been spot checking them at home and my glucose levels have been PERFECT! Also, this week I graduated from physical therapy for my lower back pain - yay!!! I'm still fitting in all my pre-pregnancy clothes (and at 22wks - yay!) but I'm starting to collect some more roomy shirts for this summer - thankfully since I won't be working a "normal" office job, I don't need to buy a lot of maternity clothes.
Cory's family is coming into town this weekend for their first visit since October! We cannot wait to see them - it's been way too long. His Aunt Linda & her daughter, Ali are both coming as well, so we'll have a full house! Then on Saturday, I'm going to the Indy Baby Expo with Amanda, our super sweet neighbor who just became a SAHM to her precious daughter Sadie :) I'm really looking forward to some girl time. Cory & his dad will be working on Owen's room this weekend, so I'll wait to post all of the room pics until the guys are done - so stay tuned :)
2 comments:
Can't wait to see Owen's room!!! LOVE you tons!!
Technically, he was only 14 lbs 6 oz. . .
Post a Comment