Cory's Momma and his sister Sara arranged for Owen to have his first baby shower during our visit in New York this past weekend. I was SO nervous before the shower b/c I get uncomfortable being the center of attention...and while Owen was really the center of attention (not me), I was still anxious! However, despite mommy's anxiety the family was just wonderful as always and I felt fine once we got there.
Here's a picture of me getting ready at the house...taken by the hubs :)
Here's a picture of me getting ready at the house...taken by the hubs :)
The Co-hostess & Auntie-to-be, Sara...ironically we both had on kelly green dresses, ha!
Our other co-hostess, Cory's momma, looking lovely in lavender...she is such a proud Grandma already!
The shower was at this super cozy Italian restaurant - we had our own little private dining area which was perfect for all the gals in the family.
Owen's gift table - I cannot even begin to tell you how generous the family was. Owen was given his high-chair, swing, bouncy seat, many books, many toys and some super cute outfits & baby accessories by the family....and of course a few days earlier we opened up Owen's stroller & car seat. We were even given a gift card and some money to put towards Owen. Thank you again family for helping us celebrate Owen's upcoming arrival and all the toughtfulness you showed us :)
I wish I would have taken a photo of the truck all packed up for the drive back to Indy! Cory and his dad did a brilliant job packing everything to make it fit! We did have to leave behind one box of goodies from Owen's two cousins, Johnny & Andrew that had a TON of clothes and a few other items, so Cory's parents will bring that down with them next month when they visit.
Owen Christopher, you are being born into an amazing family (on both sides) that love you so much already :)
1 comment:
Looks like a blast!! Could you be any cuter??
Post a Comment