Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Owen gets his own bathroom now!!!

So, guess what everyone....Owen has officially outgrown his baby bathtub! The boy was kicking & splashing so much that I was having to spend more time mopping up all the bath aftermath than doing the actual bath! He's not sitting on his own just yet but he will sit with little assistance, however we still can't go straight to the tub yet. So, mommy went targeting (scary words to daddy, ha!) and found a few things to change our guest bathroom to Owen's bathroom!!

Here's the shower curtain I picked out - figured it would work for both Owen and a baby girl...possibly :)
And here is Owen's future bath...the ducky tub! It sits in the "regular" tub but gives baby some safer boundaries. I have a lot of mommy friends who have used this and just rave about it, so I figured it was worth the $10 to give it a try.I also picked up a great mesh & neoprene tub toy organizer that attaches to the corner of the tub so we can keep his toys in one place and they can dry well between baths. We've been fortunate to have been given LOTS of bath time toys for Owen so he already has a great collection! So far, he's totally content just splashing & kicking but I know that once he's sitting up he'll have so much fun with his bath toys.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Super cute curtain! We're still deciding what to do with Riley's bathroom, it's pale yellow, that's about as far as we have gotten. He's going to love the big tub! Riley can't get enough of it! :)

BTW - I just noticed are birthdays are really close together, mine's the 17th! I'll be 31 also(eek!)

D said...

I know a lot of parents that LOVE that tub too! Good choice! :)